A comprehensive and practical guide to methods for solving complex petroleum engineering problems
Petroleum engineering is guided by overarching scientific and mathematical principles, but there is sometimes a gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application. Petroleum Engineering: Principles, Calculations, and Workflows presents methods for solving a wide range of real-world petroleum engineering problems. Each chapter deals with a specific issue, and includes formulae that help explain primary principles of the problem before providing an easy to follow, practical application.
Volume highlights include:
- A robust, integrated approach to solving inverse problems
- In-depth exploration of workflows with model and parameter validation
- Simple approaches to solving complex mathematical problems
- Complex calculations that can be easily implemented with simple methods
- Overview of key approaches required for software and application development
- Formulae and model guidance for diagnosis, initial modeling of parameters, and simulation and regression
Petroleum Engineering: Principles, Calculations, and Workflows is a valuable and practical resource to a wide community of geoscientists, earth scientists, exploration geologists, and engineers. This accessible guide is also well-suited for graduate and postgraduate students, consultants, software developers, and professionals as an authoritative reference for day-to-day petroleum engineering problem solving.