Designed for novice to intermediate users, My Samsung Galaxy S5 combines step lists, tips, and illustrative screen captures to familiarize you with the important capabilities of the device and how they’re used. Each chapter is self-contained. In addition, this book presents the material in a logical order that will guide you through the learning process. With this tutorial, you will learn to do the following:
- Configure the phone for initial use and later customize it
- Place and receive calls
- Manage your contacts
- Send/receive email from multiple accounts
- Browse the Web
- Take photos and shoot HD videos
- Use, install, and update common (core) applications, such as Music, Gallery, and Calendar
- Transfer material to and from the phone, and share items with friends
- Sync certain types of data, such as contacts and calendar events
- Resolve common problems
Before becoming a full-time writer in 1990, Steve served as editor-in-chief for Software Digest and technical services director for Funk Software. He also authored the first trade paperback on the then-new Nintendo phenomenon: Compute!’s Guide to Nintendo Games.
Steve has a Ph.D. in psychology, consults on game design, database design, and technology issues, and lives in the fictional town of Lizard Spit, Arizona. You can see the complete list of his books at www.siliconwasteland.com/misc.htm.