Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Tasmania is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. View three levels of controversial art at MONA, stroll through craft stalls at Salamanca Market, or uncover poignant memories of former prisoners at Port Arthur; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tasmania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Tasmania Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, environmental politics, Tasmanian pop culture, history, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Tasmania map (included in print version), plus over44 local maps
- Covers Hobart, Richmond, Port Arthur, Bruny Island, Eaglehawk Neck, Flinders Island, Bicheno, Coles Bay, the Tasman Peninsula, Devonport, Burnie, Strahan, Launceston, Longford, Deloraine, Cradle Country, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Tasmania, our most comprehensive guide to Tasmania, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Australiaguide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet'sDiscover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.