Taking a genre approach, this overview of young adult literature shows new librarians and library science students the criteria to use for selecting quality books, including recommended titles.
• Provides unbiased, authoritative guidance for finding recommended classic and recent titles by genre
• Presents an excellent introduction to the field of young adult literature for undergraduate and graduate students who intend to be public or school librarians and for librarians who are new to working with young adults
• Focuses on timely topics such as diverse books, LGBTQ+ selections, the role of book formats, and the relevance of librarians serving teen populations
• Provides updated information on audio and e-books, accessible books, and graphic novels
• Shows how YALSA and AASL standards and competencies can be demonstrated