Power electronic converters can be broadly classified as AC to DC, DC to AC, DC to DC and AC to AC converters. AC to AC converters can be further classified as AC Controllers or AC regulators, Cycloconverters and Matrix converters. AC controllers and cycloconverters are fabricated using Silicon Controlled Rectifiers (SCR) whereas matrix converters are built using semiconductor bidirectional switches.
This text book provides a summary of AC to AC Converter modelling excluding AC controllers. The software Simulink(R) by Mathworks Inc., USA is used to develop the models of AC to AC Converters presented in this text book. The term model in this text book refers to SIMULINK model. This text book is mostly suitable for researchers and practising professional engineers in the industry working in the area of AC to AC converters.
- Provides a summary of AC to AC Converter modelling excluding AC controllers
- Includes models for three phase AC to three phase AC matrix converters using direct and indirect space vector modulation algorithm
- Presents new applications such as single and dual programmable AC to DC rectifier with derivations for output voltage
- Displays Hardware-in-the Loop simulation of a three phase AC to single phase AC matrix converter
- Provides models for three phase multilevel matrix converters, Z-source Direct and Quasi Z-source Indirect matrix converters; a model for speed control and brake by plugging of three phase induction motor and separately excited DC motors using matrix converter; a model for a new single phase and three phase sine wave direct AC to AC Converter without a DC link using three winding transformers and that for a square wave AC to square wave AC converter using a DC link; models for variable frequency, variable voltage AC to AC power supply; models for Solid State Transformers using Dual Active Bridge topology and a new direct AC to AC Converter topology; and models for cycloconverters and indirect matrix converters